I spent hours trying to find the perfect cupcake to buy myself for this blog. Then i realized “who am i kidding, all i really want is the frosting!” and so you have it folks… a giant scoop of cream cheese frosting complete with a candle and a little bubbly! The perfect combination for a sweet birthday treat! Today is a day of celebration and I plan to enjoy every minute of it! I know my husband has something wonderful planned and I can’t wait until he gets off work and we can enjoy whatever the day brings! If you haven’t guessed, today is my birthday! 23 all over again *wink wink* Just kidding, 29!!! And, instead of dwelling on the fact that in 365 days I will no longer be a 20 something I am going to make this year monumental and I am diving in head first to make to make sure that happens.
To kick start what I know is going to be a fantastic year, I have created a list of 30 things I want to accomplish in year #29 of my life… this is the 1st year that I have really made a tangible list of things I want to accomplish… we all need to start somewhere! Since much of my life these days is spent focusing on creating and building this incredible photography business I thought it fitting to mix personal and business goals. So…
Voilà!! Cupcakes, Champagne and goal setting to kickstart a new year!
In honor of turning 29 here is my list for 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30.
- Have a home office that inspires and motivates me i.e. FINISH my home office project I already know this is going to be an ever changing work in process.
- RE-learn to shoot film and actively use it for personal projects.
- But 1st I’ll need to buy a Film Camera… I purchased a Pentax 645 (medium format) 2 weeks ago. Can’t wait to get shooting!
- perfect “reception” photos.
- Create a workflow.
- Orchestrate & take part in a styled shoot
- Be able to edit a wedding in 6 hours or less from start to Gallery.
- Donate portrait work to a cause.
- Find work life balance among my full time day job and my full time photography job.
- Learn how to utilize social media
- Have each wedding I book and shoot of my own featured on a wedding blog.
- Be published in Print.
- Do a 52 Project to expand creativity and blog 1 photo each week… and actually stick to it!
- Buy a 70-200 just for “just in case”. – I hit “Purchase yesterday!
- Make more local photographer friends.
- Go to a Network event once a quarter.
- Stream line all branding materials.
- Develop a unique Welcome Package.
- Better learn how to use flash on and off camera.
- Actively schedule blog posts; At least 3 per week personal or client related.
And for personal/lifestyle goals…
- Commit to really living a healthy life style complete with balance.
- Learn calligraphy & water color
- Save money and schedule a vacation abroad (with or without my husband… LOVE YOU HONEY!)
- Read one book a month. 1st on the list – “The 100 foot Journey”
- Date night out with John once a month.
- Have more “me” time in the mornings before work.
- Buy a new couch. – So happy to say that John & I completed this last Sunday! Can’t wait to share our living room with you all later this summer.
- Run my 3rd ½ marathon.
- Drink more water! Seriously, why is this one SO hard for me! HAHA
- Finally create a Wedding Album of our own.
I don’t feel that any one of these goals is far-fetched or unattainable. Although I know that some of them will be a struggle. This is mostly to help me create balance and learn what is most important and what can wait. These are all thing that have been on my mind so I’m laying them out there for all to see. I hope this inspires you to create your own list! Let’s set goals and make thing happen together!
… A happy happy birthday to all the July 16th lovelies out there, one of which happens to be my niece 🙂 XOXO – J
Oh my gosh I love this!! Happy birthday- hope today is amazing!!
I love your giant scoop of frosting! Heh! This list is fantastic and I hope you conquer everything that you want!
Wish we lived closer to each other. I’d love to come learn from you! Just officially filed with the state of Oregon for my business. Time to go for it! Happy birthday, sweet girl!
Julie!! That is amazing, way to go! Making things happen over there in Oregon! You are going to do great things with this business of yours. I wish I still lived closer too. I miss the PNW. XO
great goals – and great way of holding yourself accountable! Happy Birthday!!
So many great goals! Such an awesome list 🙂 Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday! What a sweet post. Best wishes to your last year in the 20s 🙂 love cream cheese frosting too
Happy Birthday! I love the frosting & candle! Best wishes!
[…] My list from earlier this summer is below. As you can see i still have a lot to accomplish and work towards but I am happy with my progress so far! The most important this to me is to keep being proactive in my life and business and making JHP better for my clients! […]